Monday, February 27, 2006


into the sun 


"Brigadier"
I am a horse, who's taken no oath,
I patrol the city for hay and oats.
I work long hours rain or shine,
I am a Police Horse strong and kind.
Patrolling the streets can be mean and scary.
But I'm always brave, alert and wary.
I have not chosen this life of service,
Yet I do it Proudly, without malice.
I love the public and their adoration,
Their pats and praises welcome attention.
My shift has ended, my Duty done,
I'm off to safe pastures, to play and run.
My human partners are pained and distraught,
For they loved me dearly, but worry not!
I felt your care, and Love for Me,
My patrol has ended, and I am Free!!!!!

T.P. ( written by a member of the Toronto Police Mounted Unit.)

Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done T.P. great perspective. A perspective that our forefathers used as a cornerstone to the future. To care for and protect those that could not for themselves. A time when even taken one that was not yours could get you hanging from a tree. Why has time so sadly changed? We now give greater value to the wagon than the Horse. Law makers it’s time to recognize embrace and most of all protect God’s grand creatures that are so willing to toil for so little in return. How does a tragedy that is an absolute crime against nature fall neglected in our society? Shame on all of us. G.J.

4:24 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey Dad.... your poem ROCKS!
i used to go to the police barn and feed all the police horses.... brigadier was a gorgeus horse... and hope you feel better Officer Bradfield. ---CP

8:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home